Interesting week for airlines in Canada

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
Slick Goodlin

WestJet gets sold, Encore guys are all pissed that their promised single pilot list got sunk the next day for completely unrelated reasons, then AC decides they want TransAt.  I wonder what the folks running the show have up their sleeves for all this?

At ground level, there’s a bit of pilot pandemonium as rampant wild speculation takes hold but I’m optimistic.  I figure no matter how you slice it all the airlines are understaffed and I can’t get bumped any lower than the bottom so the ride is mine to enjoy.

What do y’all think?

ScudRunner-d95

For Westjet I think in the long term it will be a good thing to be private, This will help them execute their goal at becoming a big deal internationally.

Air Canada, I only see this move acquiring Transat as a strategic move against ONEX acquiring them.
Slick Goodlin

[quote author=ScudRunner link=topic=9755.msg27861#msg27861 date=1558063167]
Air Canada, I only see this move acquiring Transat as a strategic move against ONEX acquiring them.
[/quote]
I have no doubt at all about that.  I wonder if they even know what to do with TransAt other than receive the airplanes they wanted?