Remote Helicopters

Helicopters
TwoCut

Looks like the rumours are true, the fleet minus three (I think might be leases) are for sale.

https://helitrader.com/?mnp=0&mxp=10000 ... 1=&PT=&P1=

TwinOtterFan

Is this CZVL?
TwoCut

TwinOtterFan wrote:
Sat Dec 17, 2022 3:19 am
Is this CZVL?
And slave lake and Kamloops and high prairie too. Really sad that another long time company is throwing in the towel. Most of those machines will leave Canada I think.
TwoCut

Since 2018;
•Highland
•Lakelse
•Universal
•GSH
•Remote

Helicopters, have all shut down. Great Slave 2018 is not GSH. It’s a bough brand and completely different company. I have a feeling one or two more will go by the beginning of 2023 from things I’m seeing. Very sad times in the helicopter world in Canada.
TwoCut

Here’s their website base page

https://www.remotehelicopters.com/bases/
TwinOtterFan

TwoCut wrote:
Sat Dec 17, 2022 11:55 am
TwinOtterFan wrote:
Is this CZVL?
And slave lake and Kamloops and high prairie too. Really sad that another long time company is throwing in the towel. Most of those machines will leave Canada I think.
I thought I recognized the color, that is a real shame. my flight school was doing rotory and fixed wing out of ZVL, but after the last rotory class graduated they shut down that half of the school and basically went to minimal manning on the rotory side.
TwoCut

TwinOtterFan wrote:
Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:19 pm
TwoCut wrote:
Sat Dec 17, 2022 11:55 am
TwinOtterFan wrote:
Is this CZVL?
I thought I recognized the color, that is a real shame. my flight school was doing rotory and fixed wing out of ZVL, but after the last rotory class graduated they shut down that half of the school and basically went to minimal manning on the rotory side.
I know the company and I think they might be next, (hopefully not). They’ve been bought by a publicly traded drone company, I think the contracts are where the value is there. Time will tell, but I hear some of the ames are moving on, and it sounds like a completely different place now.
TwinOtterFan

I only train/rent on the fixed wing side, but there was definitely some big changes a few months ago....
TwoCut

Well it’s official, it’s been very quiet from everyone there from employees to management alike however when you google the company;

“ Permanently closed
Remote Helicopters Ltd Slave Lake is permanently closed."

https://www.google.ca/search?q=remote+h ... ent=safari