Rotary Public New Helicopter Forum.

Helicopters
Scudrunner
Site Admin

Welcome to our new Helicopter Section.

Over the years I had the privilege to ride with many great Helicopter Pilots.
One of my favorites was Jock Mackay, Great chats one summer he and I crossed paths in the Yukon.
https://www.helicoptersmagazine.com/75- ... ings-1074/

What a Gentleman.

One memorable encounter was at Bear River Yukon Territory.
I had hauled in some drums and was rolling them out the back of the BN2 Islander when I heard Fireweeds Hughes 500 coming in.

As he approached he peeled off and was flying low and slow just off the other end of the runway. Trying to figure out what was going on it all became clear.

A large Grizzley Bear bounded across the runway heading away from me and my plane. :shock:

I never saw him there before but I started to do a low pass to insure my time on the ground was uninterrupted and my Mossberg was at the ready.

I guess that is why it was named Bear River. :idea:

5 out of 2 Pilots are Dyslexic.
TwoCut

Scudrunner wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 11:01 pm
Welcome to our new Helicopter Section.

Over the years I had the privilege to ride with many great Helicopter Pilots.
One of my favorites was Jock Mackay, Great chats one summer he and I crossed paths in the Yukon.
https://www.helicoptersmagazine.com/75- ... ings-1074/

What a Gentleman.

One memorable encounter was at Bear River Yukon Territory.
I had hauled in some drums and was rolling them out the back of the BN2 Islander when I heard Fireweeds Hughes 500 coming in.

As he approached he peeled off and was flying low and slow just off the other end of the runway. Trying to figure out what was going on it all became clear.

A large Grizzley Bear bounded across the runway heading away from me and my plane. :shock:

I never saw him there before but I started to do a low pass to insure my time on the ground was uninterrupted and my Mossberg was at the ready.

I guess that is why it was named Bear River. :idea:
Awesome scud! Thanks for the new section!