Missinipi Pay Scale

Scudrunner
Site Admin

Note that’s hours with Missinipi

D74D978F-8CBA-4E30-9F7D-6A3D05886A05.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

5 out of 2 Pilots are Dyslexic.
digits

Still pretty sweet.

Note the difference between scheduled ops and medevac ops. Really shows you how undesireable that job is....
TwinOtterFan

What makes it so undesirable?
digits

TwinOtterFan wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2023 1:58 am
What makes it so undesirable?
Lots of night flying. It used to be with 24/7 on call, perhaps that has changed by now?
Then there's the ever present risk of being stuck in quite less desirable locations.
No support for deicing. Deicing a king air without a proper ladder is just nonsense.
TwinOtterFan

That does sound undesirable. The pilots I know flying medevac are doing 12's, 2 days, 2 nights then off for 2. And home every night maybe 1 day a month they get stuck somewhere else.

But I'm guessing that most operations are not doing it this way.
digits

TwinOtterFan wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2023 6:03 pm
That does sound undesirable. The pilots I know flying medevac are doing 12's, 2 days, 2 nights then off for 2. And home every night maybe 1 day a month they get stuck somewhere else.

Sounds like Ornge?

MB has 1 week on/1 week off, or 2 week on/2 weeks off in most companies. Some have 12 hour shifts, others don't. I think there's a lot of experimenting going on nowadays to try and get people to stay. I think most have evolved into some kind of shift system.
TwinOtterFan

digits wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2023 6:16 pm
TwinOtterFan wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2023 6:03 pm

Sounds like Ornge?
Yep, when I left the military and started flight training I was in Ontario, Ornge has a fair amount of Vets so I was introduced to them. Seems like a great Op, but wife was posted to Edmonton so now we are here and the medevac Op's here do seem less desirable.
Slick Goodlin

It’s possible that they have to attract more qualified people to fly medevac too. In Ontario a captain doing government work has to have an ATPL and 500MPIC, I forget what a FO needs.
TwinOtterFan

Was kinda curious so I looked it up.

Ornge FO Fixed Wing

QUALIFICATIONS/CERTIFICATIONS:

Valid commercial pilot license
500 hours total time
Current IFR
Valid Class 1 Medical
Valid Canadian Passport of ability to work in Canada and the ability to travel to the USA
Immunization records with required vaccinations

Ornge Captain Fixed Wing

QUALIFICATIONS/CERTIFICATIONS:

Valid ATPL
2000 hours total time
500 hours pilot in command
Current IFR (minimum Category 3)
Valid Class 1 Medical
Valid Canadian Passport of ability to work in Canada and the ability to travel to the USA
Immunization records with required vaccinations
Slick Goodlin

I used to argue that Ornge captains should have to have 500 glider PIC to be fair against the other multi-engine operators needing that much MPIC. They’re concerned about the outcome of an engine out, aren’t they?