Flair Airlines Proposed New Payscale

Colonel

I have this really strange idea that first year FO's ought to be paid US$100K and ten year captains ought to be paid US$300k.

Last year I lived in Canada, I paid 60% marginal income tax. And don't forget that Can$100k is US$72k. There are probably guys working at Trader Joe's earning that?

Pro Tip: live in a state with no income tax.

As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.
dumbbell daddy

Working on that!

I’ve heard it twice now by US crews in CVG. Canadians are referred to as “Northern Mexicans”
Scudrunner
Site Admin

I identify as a Snow Mexican.
5 out of 2 Pilots are Dyslexic.
Colonel

If you guys were under 21 (and single) Nark or I could adopt you and get you green cards.
Nark

I just signed a guy off this week.

He and his wife both 100% maple blooded.

Wife is an RN, he tagged along with her while she was able to get (whichever visa) he got his 6 months later.

Boom; Make Florida Polite Again.
Twin Beech restoration:
www.barelyaviated.com
Colonel

Under NAFTA there are a bunch of occupations which allow a Canadian or Mexican to get a TN visa which takes 20 minutes at the border and is temporary but can be renewed endlessly. Decades. Spouse of a TN holder has a resident visa but no work visa.

Then you apply for H1-B. Spouse of an H-1B can work with an EAD on their H4.

After H1-B you apply for LPR aka green card which is good for life, even if the physical card needs to be renewed every 10 years.

After 5 years as LPR you apply for Citizenship. If you are very fast and have lots of money for lawyers you can do sll that in 8 years but most people take 10-12.

I know a guy, he’s been on a Green card for 25 years. He lives here, works here, pays taxes but doesn’t vote. I don’t get it. I pay taxes, I want a vote. But he’s an immensely proud Scotsman so I don’t fuck with him. No one fucks with the Scots. You think English soccer fans are tough?

Anyways the only rational reason for not getting citizenship is that if you become an ex-pat, you still have to pay income tax for life. This is painful if you live someplace with no income tax whatsoever.

One if my best friends in Canada got so pissed about filing IRS tax returns - he didn’t actually owe any money because of the tax treaty and higher taxes in Canada - was that he volunteered for Elections Canada and let the State Department know about it.

See, a US citizen may not be in the employ of a foreign government. So they revoked his US citizenship without him having to pay a lawyer.

Hungary wanted Frank Zappa to be their Minister of Culture but the State Department shut that down.
Scudrunner
Site Admin

Chatting with another of my moles, he stated the Sunwing boys and girls are getting a bump as well.
5565BE60-8536-4B3B-ACC5-FCD678D78345.jpeg
Reference the WJ payscale they are saying they will receive. 2.5% raise on that scale based on 935 hours a year.

Quick Maths:

Year 1 FO = $62,217.70
Year 1 Skipper = $151,854.52

It’s going in the right direction but didn’t TC say they wouldn’t allow Westjet operate under 4 Operating Certificates

Westjet, Encore, Swoop, Sunwing.

I think a corporate shake up is inevitable. Still haven’t see their cargo 737 fly anywhere.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nark

Correct me if I’m wrong: does a year 5 FO jump in to the year 5 CA scale, or do they start back at year 1 CA?
Twin Beech restoration:
www.barelyaviated.com
Scudrunner
Site Admin

I think they would go “back” to year 1 captain.
Not sure the particulars with these companies but I have seen some scales with years of service multipliers.

I have heard of some that refuse to go captain, they have the schedule they want and are quiet comfortable with having 3 bars on the shoulder.
Colonel

I have heard of some that refuse to go captain
I knew an AC three-bar like that. Matt, nuts about WWII fighters. Refused to go captain for years and years, finally relented.