Book Review: “The Skies Belong to Us: Love and Terror in the Golden Age of Hijacking” Brendan I. Koerner

Book Review

Scudrunners Aviation Scudrunners Aviation Book Review: “The Skies Belong to Us: Love and Terror in the Golden Age of Hijacking” Brendan I. Koerner Book Review: “The Skies Belong to Us: Love and Terror in the Golden Age of Hijacking” Brendan I. Koerner Check out our Ad Free Aviation Forum – www.scudrunners.com Image “The Skies Belong to Us: Love and Terror in the Golden Age of Hijacking” by Brendan I. Koerner is a fascinating and in-depth look at the phenomenon of hijacking during the 1960s and 1970s. The book tells the story of several hijackings that took place during this time period, including the story of Roger Holder and Catherine Kerkow, a young couple who hijacked a Northwest Orient Airlines flight in 1972. One of the most striking things about this book is the level of detail and research that Koerner has put into it. He has done an excellent job of uncovering new information and perspectives on these hijackings, and his writing is both engaging and informative. The book is also very well-structured, with each chapter focusing on a different hijacking. This allows the reader to gain a deeper understanding of the different motivations and personalities of the hijackers. The author also explores the broader social and political context of the hijackings, showing how they were a reflection of the turbulent times in which they took place. The book also examines the responses of the authorities and the media to the hijackings, and how these responses changed over time. Overall, “The Skies Belong to Us” is a highly readable and informative book that offers a new perspective on the phenomenon of hijacking during the 1960s and 1970s. It is a must-read for anyone interested in aviation history, true crime or the broader social and political context of the time. Scudrunner. Check out our Ad Free Aviation Forum – www.scudrunners.com
//ws-na.amazon-adsystem.com/widgets/q?ServiceVersion=20070822&OneJS=1&Operation=GetAdHtml&MarketPlace=US&source=ss&ref=as_ss_li_til&ad_type=product_link&tracking_id=gpamazoncom-20&language=en_US&marketplace=amazon&region=US&placement=B012YTQT40&asins=B012YTQT40&linkId=728d7d7373c4b94bc958438df295494f&show_border=true&link_opens_in_new_window=true
Check out our Aviation and Pilots Forum Scudrunners Aviation

Source: https://www.news.scudrunners.com/book-r ... i-koerner/