Video: Piper Arrow Crash

News

Scudrunners Aviation News– A Piper Arrow crashed on landing at the Saint Barthélemy Airport. The airport with its famous approach over a cliff has been the site of a number of crashes over the years and has a reputation as one of the most dangerous airports in the world. The accident occurred on good Friday April 15 2022, the occupants reportedly escaped injury. The aircraft appears to be a pre 1977 model either an Arrow or Arrow II with the “Hershey bar” wing. In the video can be seen slamming down hard on the runway at a high rate of decent. The left main gear collapses and the plane veers off into the grass striking a sign. From the video its tough to determine if the Flaps where selected down. The Arrow’s flaps can be selected as much as 40 degrees. Video from Saint Barthelemy Airport
Check out Scudrunners Aviation Forum Click Below ImageCheck out our Aviation Forum

Source: https://www.news.scudrunners.com/video- ... row-crash/

Nark

Flairing is for pussy’s.
Twin Beech restoration:
www.barelyaviated.com
Slick Goodlin

Never knew you were a Navy man, Nark.
Nark

You know, I missed an opportunity to get deck qualified (landing on Navy ships) my last deployment. That would mean I was in Kuwait for 2 months.

Being in Kuwait while the war is raging is like being on the bench the entire game, while your teammates play in the Super Bowl. Sure, you’re on the team, but you did absolutely nothing to help earn that ring…
Twin Beech restoration:
www.barelyaviated.com