Turkish Airlines Flight Academy in Frobay

Aircraft Accident & Crash Investigation Topics
TundraTire

Screenshot_20230905_155812_Photos.jpg
Screenshot_20230905_155818_Photos.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Nark

Looks like they’re well on their way to the Airbus’s I saw landing, when I was in Erbil, 🇮🇶.
Twin Beech restoration:
www.barelyaviated.com
Big Pistons Forever

The school is in Turkey, so my first thought was Wow, they’re sure have an impressive cross country requirement to get a Turkish CPL!

On second thought there has got to be a better reason for this flight. I was thinking a delivery flight of a new airplane to the school but it would seem it would be a lot easier to put it into a container.
Slick Goodlin

Big Pistons Forever wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2023 10:54 pm
I was thinking a delivery flight of a new airplane to the school but it would seem it would be a lot easier to put it into a container.
You’d think that but didn’t some guy ferry a 172 to Hawaii within the last year?
digits

Big Pistons Forever wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2023 10:54 pm
The school is in Turkey, so my first thought was Wow, they’re sure have an impressive cross country requirement to get a Turkish CPL!

On second thought there has got to be a better reason for this flight. I was thinking a delivery flight of a new airplane to the school but it would seem it would be a lot easier to put it into a container.
The rumor is that the flight academy sent their CPL students on a cross Atlantic ferry flight to pick up their 8 or 11 (depending on source) new C172.
Colonel

That's bad-ass. Next time someone (like me) craps on a puppy mill and 5k crosswind limits, mention this!
As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.
David MacRay

Anyone have their contact information, I might be available to bring them a few of those planes.

I just need a Turkish license and maybe I should figure out those little televisions. I’m guessing being new, the things don’t have a proper compass, heading indicator, artificial horizon and ASI.

I bet the radios are decent though, perfect for asking, “Any conflicting traffic please advise.” Part way to Greenland.
Colonel

I just need a Turkish license
Not in Canada, you don't.
David MacRay

How about Kansas?
Colonel

People in Kansas are nice, in my experience.

They are unlikely to require you to take remedial training if you want to fly a 172.

See FAR 61.75 which will give you an FAA private pilot certificate with no medical, no written test, no flight test. With that you can fly a foreign registered 172 in Kansas or anywhere else in America.