Cessna Citation XLS Crash Robertson Field CT 2 Sep 2021

Aircraft Accident & Crash Investigation Topics
Colonel

WTF? Scud, you fly the 560. Any comment on the right brake being locked up during the takeoff with both engines turning?

Is that a pilot input? Mechanical?

3650 is not a lot of runway, but this was NOT owner-operated. There were two old pro's up front.

Please, no political sniping about crashing into the TRUMPF building. This is probably not Donald Trump's fault,
ok lefties? Let's leave your "Russia Collusion" out of this, at least for now.

As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.
John Swallow

Something is not adding up... I flew the 550 and it's a pretty simple airplane. Two 560s operate out of here (3500 ft runway) with no problem

Why brake (s) on?
Why no power reduction?

I think Juan mentioned something about a CVR...? Be great if it had one...
Big Pistons Forever

Park brake left on ? As the airplane accelerated brakes gets hotter and hotter and then the wheel locks up ?

Scud, you know the airplane, is this scenario plausible ?
Colonel

Is it possible on the 560 to only apply the parking brake on the right side? Not sure how it works.

PS I know a guy (not me!) that landed a little airplane (taildragger) with the parking brake on.
He stopped real quick. I have no idea how he didn't nose over, like this guy.

Like landing with straight floats on pavement. With that high C of G, I have no idea how it always
turns out so well. Here's one guy landing on grass:

Nark

Col:

You avatar picture is missing a 9. And it’s in the wrong order.

😘
Twin Beech restoration:
www.barelyaviated.com
Colonel

FTFY

Scudrunner
Site Admin

Nope I fly the mighty C680 Citation Sovereign.

Probably a similar system to what’s on mines

Regarding brakes sure you can apply Left or right only, if you meant FO or Captain whomever pushes hardest wins.

If you had a park brake on your no take off annunciation would be yelling at you (on mine anyway)

Now one thing I will say about part 91 USA operators is that you can have some real pro and some real dud operations. We don’t send our pilots to sim anymore without another company pilot. There are some real shitty operators and real shitty pilots who I’ve had the “pleasure” of watching them freeze up and fumble through QRHs and just start yanking levers fortunately in the sim only.
5 out of 2 Pilots are Dyslexic.
Scudrunner
Site Admin

These are from the Sovereign QRH again not sure about the 560. The No TAKEOFF would be amber triggering a
CAS in your face on mine…. If a park brake was on.
21B13EF2-D24C-4383-81C6-B79DCDF1792F.png
6192A5DA-27AD-46F8-AA2E-599ED75C08C3.jpeg
The anti skid system I assume if MELd it would have limitation……

Uncommanded thrust is easy if you identify it.
DE56F26D-A79D-4B9F-9E3C-D74C3F53C568.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
5 out of 2 Pilots are Dyslexic.
Colonel

Thanks Neil. Something really fucking weird happened there, either in the cockpit, or in the right brake caliper.

I wonder if the brake pads could come to pieces in such a way that they broke off and jammed up
the disc, without any hydraulic pressure?! Or, if the piston seized fully extended?

Above my pay grade, but on my car I remember that after the brakes were serviced, I had a NEW caliper
seize up on me. That wheel wasn't going to turn any more - I came to a stop by the side of the road with smoke
coming out of the right front wheelwell.
Slick Goodlin

Recent brake job? I know of a Caravan (yeah, very different airplane but same manufacturer at least) that kept locking a brake and going off the side of the runway. No idea how the company didn’t get shut down for generating the same CADOR every day for weeks, but whatever. Turned out some company mechanic who kept fixing it was eyeballing the new pieces on instead of, you know, reading the manual. You could put the brake assembly together all wrong and it would all fit and even sort of work, right up until it didn’t.