Video: Oh my Gosh; Citation goes off end of Runway

Aircraft Accident & Crash Investigation Topics
JW Scud

That looks like a Trident cockpit.

anofly

must be the rare 3 engine cessna 751.5....
Liquid_Charlie

It worked so badly at CYOW,
I hear ya, some of the funniest times were where when AC got their skidos and us in the 72. Tower was always asking us for surface and breaking reports and we would reply that we had no issues but then would add, we didn't use the breaks haha, then we would just watch the show. In all fairness to the skido drivers they were victims of AC doing it their way and ignoring the manufacturer, still it was entertaining and then add the American carriers, that was a real shit show, 07/25 should have had bleachers installed.

I hear ya chuck, 2Otter staging and retrieving into 300 ft eskers and 18000 lb take off weights for the pole trips. This all started to change when Bradley lost the Polar Shelf contract to Borek and a new generation of pilot showed up in RB. For a while Polar Shelf would charter Bradley to do this work because Borek wanted about 600 feet operationally. Time marches on and maybe not a bad thing. Rules never meant much to me in the beginning. It wasn't until I started flying a multi on wheels I actually though much about legal loads. WX was another thing, take a look and see what you see, published limits, WTF were they and home brew approaches was SOP of the day. WX radar was primary nav in the arctic. WX radar was the holy grail and when I was with Austin the hawkers and 2Otters all had it. The Deluces always equipped their aircraft well. When I went to 7F initially I was taken back at the shit equipped 2 Otters they operated but the Hawkers were well equipped.

As I said, time marches on and by today's mindset we were likely all just plain fucking crazy back in the day. Strangely it was nothing we, me at least, ever really thought about, it was just the way it was and it was up to you to protect your own ass and get the job done. Rules and regulations were the things for exam study. :mrgreen:

"black air has no lift - extra fuel has no weight"
John Swallow

“In talking to the pilot, he said that when he landed the anti-lock brakes failed on the jet and so he cut them off and cut them back on, and when he did he had no brakes at all.”

I flew the S2 and don't remember a 'switch' for that function. Might have been one, but I don't remember. This was a 551: anybody familiar with that model?

http://www.kathrynsreport.com/2020/12/c ... ident.html
Chuck Ellsworth

As I said, time marches on and by today's mindset we were likely all just plain fucking crazy back in the day. Strangely it was nothing we, me at least, ever really thought about, it was just the way it was and it was up to you to protect your own ass and get the job done. Rules and regulations were the things for exam study. :mrgreen:
For sure things change as more and more bureaucrats come up with more rules to make flying safer, however one can argue that a lot of us managed to use our own decision making skills based on what we felt was safe for a given decision.

And for some of us it was safe in over thirty thousand hours of flying I never had an accident or did I ever damage an airplane or helicopter....therefore it is logical for me to believe it was safe.