Just Do What I Fucking Tell You To Do

Aircraft Accident & Crash Investigation Topics
Colonel

Canadian military authorities say the pilot of a Sikorsky CH-148 Cyclone anti-submarine helicopter was apparently overruled by the aircraft’s fly-by-wire flight director and autopilot just before the aircraft crashed in the ocean off Greece on April 30.

Preliminary assessment of the flight data recorder information recovered from the wreck of the helicopter, a military version of the S-92, showed the pilot had a “conflict” with the aircraft’s computer and the computer won. He and five other crew members were killed.
Jesus Fucking Christ on a popsicle stick.
the series of inputs from the pilot created a scenario that had not been tested during development of the sophisticated control system
Now there's a surprise! A corner case on software. First time
that's ever happened.

Maybe Rockie can lecture us all about it, because he says it's a
really stupid and useless line of work that he knows nothing about?

As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.
mcrit

Dude, where did you find that article?
Colonel

I get more spam ...

https://www.avweb.com/aviation-news/fly ... lingID=375

that URL probably won't work for you (cookies, IP addr) but you're a nice guy, so ....
Lt.-Gen. Alain Pelletier, commander of 1 Canadian Air Division, said the aircraft’s flight director ended up “in competition with the inputs that the pilot was trying to actually induce in order to set the recovery. That element of conflict resulted because of the flight-control inputs.”

Pelletier said the series of inputs from the pilot created a scenario that had not been tested during development of the sophisticated control system but did not elaborate on what, exactly, the computer disagreed with. Those intricacies will be dealt with in a thorough investigation of the accident but in the meantime, Canada’s Cyclones have been cleared to resume flying.

Pilots have been trained in the “very narrow band” of flight conditions they need to be aware of to avoid a repeat of the circumstances that caused the fatal crash. The flight manuals have also been amended. The ship-borne helicopter was returning to HMCS Fredericton after a NATO exercise when the crash occurred. The wreckage was recovered by an underwater drone from water more than 10,000 feet deep in the Ionian Sea and the remains of all the crew members have been identified.
As usual, the brain trust on AssCan is completely wrong. Despite lecturing
me bombastically on embedded software, they know NOTHING about it.

Does NOBODY remember the Airbus fiasco?!
As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.
Scudrunner
Site Admin

WTf over that makes the blood boil
5 out of 2 Pilots are Dyslexic.
JW Scud

Colonel wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:19 am
As usual, the brain trust on AssCan is completely wrong. Despite lecturing
me bombastically on embedded software, they know NOTHING about it.
Does this mean that you are posting over there again.