LA Contract Pilot

Flying Tips and Advice from The Colonel!
dumbbell daddy

If you don't want to know the answer, don't ask the question.

Colonel

Heh. I got to be friends with this crazy guy called Larry Loretto that used to fly for AC. He was always in shit because the union told the company and TC that pilots were exhausted after 85 hours of flying in a month, and that for the sake of safety, they had to stop flying after that.

But not Larry. After he timed out at AC he would fly turkey bombers back east doing budworm spraying, or flying Bradley’s three holer up north. He and my old friend Chris Brown used to fly the 27 back in the 70’s if memory serves.

Larry annoyed lots of people but I thought he was funny as hell. He had a flight school in Ottawa, we did 421 charter, and he had me fix and fly his DH Hornet Moth. What a guy.
As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.
dumbbell daddy

I actually had a CP tell me that line when he was talking about dealing with Transport Canada. Always remembered it. Haha. Larry sounds like a wicked dude to drink a scotch with.

I've worked at three Boeing companies in Canada. Sunwing, Air Canada (only a pitstop) and Cargojet. Training Captain at two of them. Checker at one of them. Even with all my extra duties, I never came close to maximum flight time. I think the most I ever flew was 600 hrs at Sunwing when I was an overtime whore. I always flew GA on the side. Never asked.