SFO Shenanigans

Flying Tips and Advice from The Colonel!
Colonel

Wow.

As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.
Nark

Meh, I’ve heard worse…

It was probably payday and he saw what his CA state tax deductions were.
I’d be pissed too!
Twin Beech restoration:
www.barelyaviated.com
Colonel

Ouch, ouch … you know, Governor Newsom has never once sent me a “thank you” letter. Not a Christmas card. Not a movie or dinner or flowers or chocolates …
mcrit

Colonel wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2023 7:36 pm
Ouch, ouch … you know, Governor Newsom has never once sent me a “thank you” letter. Not a Christmas card. Not a movie or dinner or flowers or chocolates …
Are you in Cali?
Colonel

My main problem with California is that after Canada, I'm finding it a bit too right wing for my taste.

But if you’re passing through Norcal give me a holler and we can have a BBQ. My house is overflowing with dogs, guns and motorcycles but I can’t see that bothering anyone here :)

I’m actually hosting a sorta-Canadian expat dinner at the Brazilian Steakhouse on Steven’s Creek in Cupertino tonight. Anyone that can make it let me know. Seriously. It’s really great food. If you’re not a Vegan, anyways.

I remember at my last wedding/airshow I had the caterer cook prime rib and Yorkshire pudding. He asked if I wanted an alternative. I laughed and said I didn’t know anyone that didn’t like that.

Sometimes pilots here ask me what flying in Canada is like. I reply, Well, it’s a bit different.

David MacRay

Mmmm brazillian steak house sounds good. Do they wander around with skewers carving meat for you? What’s a Vegan?
Colonel

Do the wander around with skewers carving meat for you?
Oh yeah!

What’s a Vegan?
Not sure, but I think it's a little green man from a distant star. I'm not really into astrology, though.
David MacRay

Colonel wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 3:40 pm
I'm not really into astrology, though.

Why not? It’s pretty neat. You should make an effort to look at Saturn’s ring through a telescope. It’s incredible.