Ray Ban Meta

Flying Tips and Advice from The Colonel!
Colonel

Zuck likes us, even if Canadians don't.

As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.
digits

They put you on the same level as noodles and fungus?
Colonel

Excellent idea. Let’s compare levels!

Let’s guess that your net worth is us$500k or cdn$675k. That estimate is likely far too high but let’s run with that.

Compare to personal net worth of us$106 billion is

500,000 / 106,000,000,000 or 212,000 times your net worth.

I’ll go with the opinion of the guy worth over 200,000 times as much as you. He is objectively 200,000 times more successful than you are in life.

Does that make sense?
Scudrunner
Site Admin

Hold up that’s legit ?

Thought you were messing about !
5 out of 2 Pilots are Dyslexic.
Colonel

Zuck likes how we fly.
Nark

I don’t have the influence of say a former Vice Prez has on a Ukrainian prosecutor… but I can appreciate the video recording while not having a somewhat bulky GoPro attached to my face.

Pretty neat you got some street cred flying those buckets of bolts.
Twin Beech restoration:
www.barelyaviated.com
Colonel

My favorite firearm went into service in 1911. My airplanes were designed after WW2 when Curtis said to himself, I can design a better airplane for aerobatics than a Stearman. My daily commute is an old, slow (186 mph) motorcycle from 1999.

I don't mine being an ambulatory museum exhibit, surrounded by other museum pieces.

Things of quality have no fear of time.

Heads up: Eric and I are thinking of getting a couple of supercharged liter bikes.

Traffic can be pretty heavy around here so I think that extra 14 mph on the top end might help get us to work on time.
digits

Colonel wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2023 3:25 am
Excellent idea. Let’s compare levels!

Let’s guess that your net worth is us$500k or cdn$675k. That estimate is likely far too high but let’s run with that.

Compare to personal net worth of us$106 billion is

500,000 / 106,000,000,000 or 212,000 times your net worth.

I’ll go with the opinion of the guy worth over 200,000 times as much as you. He is objectively 200,000 times more successful than you are in life.

Does that make sense?
Owkay...

Seriously: weeds, dumplings and an inverted pitts. What's the theme they were going for? I don't get it.
Squaretail

digits wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2023 6:42 pm

Owkay...

Seriously: weeds, dumplings and an inverted pitts. What's the theme they were going for? I don't get it.
I get what you're saying. I mean, cameras in Ray Bans, cool idea! You could do so many awesome things with them like film Aerobatics! Or Instagram your dumplings?! Is the third like a close up of Broccoli casserole?

One of these things is several orders of magnitude more awesome than the other two. :mrgreen:

Question: Colonel did you film that with those Ray-bans? If so how did they work?
The details of my life are quite inconsequential...
Colonel

My kid wore the pre-production prototype sunglasses that he worked on as an engineer and flew on my wing. That is how the frame grabs of us flying was included in the product release.

Now that the product is released, here is the video it took. Because the cameras are on the glasses, you see exactly where he was looking which is interesting during the formation landing.

Landing was ok.

His hhead on wing was lame. In the comfort zone, which pisses me off. I tell everyone that flies formation with me, to expect at least once or twice that they are going to be certain they are going to die, each flight. That’s how you get better.

Note that the failure to respect the terms of disclosure on unreleased product results in instant dismissal and loss of millions in RSU’s. We fired a really good RF engineer who did that.

It is surreal for me. Here, we are highly regarded as skilled pilots and engineers. Not so much in Canada, where I must presume the bar for both must logically be much higher?