Biden withdraws unqualified FAA director

Flying Tips and Advice from The Colonel!
Colonel

https://www.reuters.com/business/aerosp ... 023-03-26/

Canadians don’t think that you csn make a difference but …
Senator Ted Cruz, ranking Republican on the Senate Commerce Committee, said late Saturday that it has been clear since his nomination that "Mr. Washington lacked the aviation experience necessary to run the FAA

As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.
Nark

This guy is fucking clueless:

“The partisan attacks and procedural obstruction he has faced are undeserved, but I respect his decision to withdraw and am grateful for his service," Buttigieg said on Twitter.

Just like his nominee to run the FAA.

But coming from a guy who’s sole qualification was “enjoying watching trains as a kid” to run the DOT, it’s no surprise that very man nominated a guy who has flown on an aircraft to lead the FAA.
Twin Beech restoration:
www.barelyaviated.com
mcrit

Well, the emerging evidence of CHICOM political interference in western elections helps to explain why our ‘leaders’ do what they do; they weren’t put there by us and they are not working for our best interests.
Slick Goodlin

Who do you get for a job like this? Headhunt a DFO from a major airline? See if the AOPA prez is looking to move up? Grab the first ERAU grad who seems interested?
Colonel

Any of the above would be an improvement. You need someone with line and managerial experience. A senior position at an airline would be a shoe-in.
As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.
Big Pistons Forever

Head of the FAA is an operational position. The buck stops at the administrators desk because ultimately he or she has to sign off on the big issues. If they have no clue how aviation works, how do they add value ?

Transport Canada used to have a Director General who had a degree in health sciences and an MBA in organizational analysis. He had no professional aviation experience and it showed every single day….