New FAA Director doesn’t know anything about aviation

Flying Tips and Advice from The Colonel!
Colonel

https://www.flyingmag.com/senate-grills ... n-hearing/

This surprises no one
Senate Commerce Committee Ranking Member Ted Cruz (R-Texas), who was unsuccessful in delaying Washington’s hearing, was critical of his legal entanglements and ability to lead the FAA. “He does not have any experience in aviation safety. This quite simply is a position he is not qualified for. I’m disappointed that the administration has chosen to treat a critical safety position as a patronage job.”

Cruz went on to grill Washington on his aviation knowledge and whether or not he has ever flown an airplane, worked for an airline, as an air traffic controller, or for a company that manufactures aircraft, or if he knows what led to the Boeing 737 Max crashes. “For this administration to nominate someone as FAA administrator who can’t answer the question, ‘Why were 346 people killed in horrific crashes’ that resulted in the 737 Max being grounded for a long time is striking!”

As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.
Colonel

OMG the irony. The idiocy.
In a letter to Majority Leader Chuck Schumer and Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, Democrats voiced their support of Washington, saying the FAA needs a leader as soon as possible. They also noted previous FAA nominees who lacked aviation experience but were confirmed, such as Michael Huerta.
Huerta was responsible for approving Boeing MCAS.

And that worked so good, they want more of it?
As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.
Nark

Effing embarrassing.

Would work really well under a Sec who qualifications are “enjoy watching trains as a kid.”
Twin Beech restoration:
www.barelyaviated.com
Slick Goodlin

Oof. How’s he stack up against our guy north of the border?
Scudrunner
Site Admin

Pretty sure Omar Algebra thinks ADSB is a gender.
5 out of 2 Pilots are Dyslexic.
vanNostrum

Nark wrote: Effing embarrassing.
Wokes have no shame.
Happy to use the victimhood card to cover for their own inadequacies.
There are only 3 kind of people in this world
Those that can add and those that can't
Scudrunner
Site Admin

He does have some aviation background as CEO of Denver International Airport.

But also sounds like he would fit in well in DC crowd

On June 7, 2021, Denver mayor Michael Hancock nominated Washington to become the CEO of Denver International Airport, taking over the position from CEO Kim Day who was retiring after 13 years.[14][15] A few days after, the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department had a criminal investigation at LACMTA's offices related to a criminal investigation into Washington, which came after a Metro whistleblower's claims of corruption. The investigation was of Metro's sexual harassment hotline, which was found to cost more than $8,000 per call after "multiple no-bid contracts to run the service were awarded to Peace Over Violence, a charity led by a close friend and campaign donor of L.A. County Supervisor and Metro board member Sheila Kuehl."[16][17] Washington maintained that he was innocent and that the complaint was from a disgruntled employee, with Hancock supporting him.[18] Despite the allegations and the investigation, the Denver City Council unanimously voted to approve Washington as the new CEO.
5 out of 2 Pilots are Dyslexic.
mcrit

Scudrunner wrote:
Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:05 pm
He thinks it’s whatever Xi tells him to think it is.
Squaretail

This is old news, it happens all the time and has been happening for as long as i have had any knowings about politics. If people were more consistent getting upset about it in every instance rather than only when it affects their area of knowledge when a guy they dont like does the appointment, maybe we would get somewhere.

The only real part up for debate anymore is if you would rather have a guy who knows nothing about his political appointment, or a guy who does who's interests run counter to the public interest. Because that seems to be the only choice we get anymore.
The details of my life are quite inconsequential...
TundraTire

Scudrunner wrote:
Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:05 pm
Hahaha, I'm stealing that one.