Top 10 Fastest Homebuilt Aircraft

Homebuilt Airplanes Topics
Scudrunner
Site Admin

5 out of 2 Pilots are Dyslexic.
Tailwind W10

It'd be interesting to see one of these top 10 lists done with some proper research. Off the bat I'd say a huge omission is the Pereira's GP4. An honest 220 knots from 200 hp would be a firm 8 on his list and a far cry cheaper to build than the Legacy.
https://www.ospreyaircraft.com/gp4.htm

Gerry
Dave too lazy to sign in Macray

Do you still have a hangar? Let's build something.
Tailwind W10

Yeah, Dave already pretty busy. :D

Been working on the Tailwind, I sure as hell HOPE I can get her flying this year. I'm getting all the detail work, sheet metal and the like finished off before covierng and paint. Been meaning to do an update for that thread.

Already sitting on the other side of the hangar is a fairly basket-case Mong Sport, I'll build a new fuselage for it and bring it back to life.

Then I've also got the GP4 plans, so that'll be another down-the-road project.

Never enough time to do everything.

Gerry
Dave who should have been more specific..

I was talking to scudrunner since you are a bit too far away to drive over if I finish my chores. Though after seeing your post I did just say out loud, "I'm moving to wetaskawin."
Scudrunner
Site Admin

Dave too lazy to sign in Macray wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:04 pm
Do you still have a hangar? Let's build something.
Nope sold that, got my hands full with 2 rug rats a job, day trading stocks and an Internet forum.

I’ll just buy something when I find time to actually fly for fun again.
Scudrunner
Site Admin

Tailwind W10 wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:55 pm
It'd be interesting to see one of these top 10 lists done with some proper research. Off the bat I'd say a huge omission is the Pereira's GP4. An honest 220 knots from 200 hp would be a firm 8 on his list and a far cry cheaper to build than the Legacy.
https://www.ospreyaircraft.com/gp4.htm

Gerry

That’s one of the better lists I’ve seen, point taken many are just click bait. I’ve been thinking about doing up my own to drive traffic here.
David MacRay

Yeah those offspring are time consuming. Wife plans on chasing them away when they turn 18.

I was hoping my daughter would share a two bedroom apartment somewhere warm near an airport. I'll probably have to get a better job and smaller apartment.
Tailwind W10

Dave who should have been more specific.. wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:53 pm
I was talking to scudrunner since you are a bit too far away to drive over if I finish my chores. Though after seeing your post I did just say out loud, "I'm moving to wetaskawin."
Sorry to hijack Dave. ;^)
Yeah, we've got a pretty good thing going here, aside from the city charging full commercial property taxes. My neighbor flies his RV-7A a ton and has a Sportsman quickbuild ready to tackle. Another fellow up the taxiway flies his 7A and is working on a Zeinith 701 (or is it a 750?) Another fellow with oil money flies a Rocket, used to have a Nanchang but sold it. There's an autogyro, a Sonex, plenty more homebuilts as well as the usual gaggle of certified stuff. I hear the guy with the Super Viking taxiing by fairly regularly. Always liked that one.

Cheers
Gerry
David MacRay

Don't be sorry. I enjoy reading about your projects.