Foreflight question

Flight Training and topics related to getting your licence or ratings.
TwinOtterFan

Hey all,

working on my night rating now and time building and I was planning out a route for tonight (not sure that will happen now) and I noticed the flight times are drastically different between the map view and flights view? Do any of you savvy pilots know why I am getting two different numbers?

Map View.jpg
Flights view.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

RBK

I don't use the online version so I'm not sure why they would be different. Quick math says the maps view is probably wrong as you would be averaging about 150 knots. Do you get the same result when you look at it on your IPAD?
TwinOtterFan

I was being lazy and cozy in my big comfy chair lol, actually went and checked the IPAD and they matched and now they match online.... So just a glitch I guess? Thank you for the reponse anyway.
TwinOtterFan

So I guess while I'm playing on Foreflight anyway does anyone have any input on my propsosed CPL XC route choice?

CPL XC.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Scudrunner
Site Admin

Where abouts you planning on getting Fuel?

I bring this up because a friend did something similar on his X country and planned on gas at his second stop.
He landed and fuel pumps where U/S no notam or anything, did the napkin math could just make his third stop with not much fuck around factor.

Anyway pucker factor and a noob in unfamiliar area he learned although you're legal to fly to XYZ and have 30 minute spare gas depending on where you are that might not be the best idea.

Think he was going Boundary Bay, Vanderhoof, Quesnel Williams Lake, Boundary Bay

This of course was in the days (1998) without much cell phone coverage and the phone booth by airports sort of worked.
5 out of 2 Pilots are Dyslexic.
TwinOtterFan

Definitely not looking to run out of gas, or get myself into any trouble. Just wanted to try going some place new. I could definitely switch the order of airports around, could hit Grande Prarie first, and on the way back just for warm and fuzzies, Dawson Creek also has self serve, and I pass right by Whitecourt going out and coming back. The school policy is 1 hour of fuel remaining, but they also calculate that at 8GPH when I find I am actually closer to 6.3GPH when I am leaned out at cruise.

And yes Colenol, my new instructor makes me lean right after leaving the control zone. He taught me a flow I like, quick carb heat check, check heading to compass, check altitude, load next frequency, glance at the panel, then lean.

So I guess being now and not 1998, do you think I should pick a different destination? Looking at it over my little blue book with fairly fresh ink I didn't think anything in their was to risky but I do value opinions on here.
Nark

I’m thoroughly disappointed in the lack of a sky penis being drawn.
Twin Beech restoration:
www.barelyaviated.com
TwinOtterFan

Hahaha it's so funny you mention this, my wife and I were just discussing last night how I haven't done this. For reference she used to be a Dragoon, and they draw penises on everything.

I figured I would get to it after a few more checks in the box and I'm just blindly building time.
Colonel

8% of kids do it

As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.
TwinOtterFan

It's actually impressive how many flight aware tracks of penises there is, I do not want to dissapoint Nark so I will get to it. But it just can't be a random sky penis now, I have to consider what to point it at, and should I rest the balls on something? I feel like this may require more planning than my XC.