Forbidden Outlet

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
trey kule

Well this thread title was misleading!

Carry on

Slick Goodlin

Colonel wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:54 pm
The 400Hz thing is freaking me out. For a purely resistive load (eg Nark's hotplate) it probably doesn't
make a difference but ... wouldn't some power supplies have a cow? For noise frequencies, if nothing
else?!
I hadn’t considered noise. I figured that the higher frequency would just move the lumps in the rectified AC wave closer together. Maybe they’d be nearly smoothed all the way out if this little guy has any filtering in it:
Colonel

As I said, I'd love to put a scope on your DC outputs ... the values of L and C are tuned to filter
out specific frequencies in the resulting rippled output, working with whatever R load is expected.

This is actually called an RLC circuit and is modelled by a second order ordinary (not partial) differential equation.

https://www.circuitbread.com/study-guid ... r-circuits

Remember that solutions to 2nd order ODE's that have poles in the right hand plane are unstable,
which is why the Polish Air Force never flies right echelon.
As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.
Slick Goodlin

I recognize most of those on their own as words, yes.
Nark

IMG_4020.jpeg
Somebody was kind enough to take a pic of a pigtail Amazon plug; one of three forbidden plugs.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Twin Beech restoration:
www.barelyaviated.com
Slick Goodlin

Nark wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:28 pm
IMG_4020.jpeg

Somebody was kind enough to take a pic of a pigtail Amazon plug; one of three forbidden plugs.
I’m reasonably confident I don’t have that outlet but I also feel like my next day at work I’m going to learn something.