CL604 Down Naples FL

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
The Dread Pilot Roberts

IMG_4584.jpeg
IMG_5877.jpeg
IMG_5879.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Scudrunner
Site Admin

This one’s puzzling for sure, would have said no fuel but that fireball says otherwise. They didn’t even get the typical south Florida ATC tour.

I know there’s big buzzards down there but a Sully bird hunt they are usually a single one orbiting not a flock.
5 out of 2 Pilots are Dyslexic.
Nark

Flew overtop of this yesterday. Center was metering and holding jets in to Naples.
Thought that was weird. But I get it now.

Sad news to hear.
Twin Beech restoration:
www.barelyaviated.com
Colonel

Did someone forget the Prist?
FUEL/OIL HEAT EXCHANGER AND FUEL FILTER
A fuel/oil heat exchanger warms engine fuel and cools engine oil. The engine fuel temperature is indicated on the FUEL synoptic page.
A 10 micron fuel filter is used to remove solid contaminants from the fuel. The filter is depicted on the FUEL synoptic page. An impending fuel filter bypass condition on either engine is reported by an advisory CAS message L(R) ENGINE FUEL BYPASS. A dual impending fuel filter bypass condition on both engines is reported by a caution CAS message (ENGINES FUEL BYPASS).
Like the Boeing at LHR that not supposed to happen but … filter bypass always made me nervous. Feeding junk into the FCU
As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.
Colonel

I don’t like to mention it but sometimes after an engine failure a pilot shuts down the good engine.
Scudrunner
Site Admin

Colonel wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:50 am
Did someone forget the Prist?
FUEL/OIL HEAT EXCHANGER AND FUEL FILTER
A fuel/oil heat exchanger warms engine fuel and cools engine oil. The engine fuel temperature is indicated on the FUEL synoptic page.
A 10 micron fuel filter is used to remove solid contaminants from the fuel. The filter is depicted on the FUEL synoptic page. An impending fuel filter bypass condition on either engine is reported by an advisory CAS message L(R) ENGINE FUEL BYPASS. A dual impending fuel filter bypass condition on both engines is reported by a caution CAS message (ENGINES FUEL BYPASS).
Like the Boeing at LHR that not supposed to happen but … filter bypass always made me nervous. Feeding junk into the FCU

Prist is not a requirement on the Challenger. A lot of the FBO in the northern states / Canada will have it premixed anyway. It is an approved additive so that shouldn’t be a factor. Here’s the CL 604 limitations section of the AFM
CL_604-LIMITATIONS.pdf
The Lear 35 was the only jet I recall where it was required. If Prist was not available and depending on time of year we would pack a can with us but if your on a two hour flight and only needs to add say 1 hours fuel with no Prist meh send it.

Other trick we would use if I was paranoid and I was. I would pump fuel back and forth into the cabin tank on long haul flights to keep it warmer. Taking full fuel out of St John YYT going to YVR comes to mind 6 hours hang time in a fucking Lear, fuck the guy who invented the bigger wingtip bomb tanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
5 out of 2 Pilots are Dyslexic.
Colonel

Prist is not a requirement on the Challenger
Right - because of the fuel heater. I was just wondering about it's incredibly complex fuel system ... could a single failure there (possibly arising after the 1.5 hour cold soak at FL400) have cut off the fuel to both engines?

Boeing don't need Prist either, but they sure had a problem with fuel flow after cold soaking. See LHR.

Remember how many years it took, to figure out the design flaw (reversal) in the 737 rudder actuator after a cold soak?
Eric Janson

Looks like they were aiming for the median, overshot and hit the wall.

Double engine failure is very strange - hopefully the final report will clarify events.

Why does nobody in the States use "MAYDAY"? Simple and clear.
Colonel

Would it have improved his landing?

PS The chart for the low fuel temp limits did not include time. Strange.