Tail Draggers, Stick Shifts and Iron Sights

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
mcrit

…..these are a few of my favourite things….

Colonel

Wasn't the 20th century great?

PS We need to keep taildraggers, stick shifts and iron sights around, to teach the kids.

I will mention that I am not a fan of those black on black sights, which at the very least need a dash of red paint on the front sight.

Those glow-in-the-dark sights are awesome:

I think I mentioned here that my kid and I picked up a C4 Corvette (1996, LT-4, six speed, low miles, no salt) for dirt cheap during COVID. No one likes the C4, but gosh they are a lot of fun and make great noise. Last of the small block 350's.

It's mine now. He's moved on to his AMG nutbar V-12 twin-turbo autobahn machine, which despite the fact that I despise German cars with their unnecessary complexity, has really stupid torque. It will spin the tires accelerating through 100 mph.
As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.
Big Pistons Forever

In 1993 about a third of all cars and trucks sold had a manual transmission. In 2023 it is about 3 % :cry:

I like to joke the manual transmission in my Subaru is my theft deterrent device
Big Pistons Forever

Big Pistons Forever wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2024 4:42 am
In 1993 about a third of all cars and trucks sold had a manual transmission. In 2023 it is about 3 % :cry:

I like to joke the manual transmission in my Subaru is my theft deterrent device

I am one of only 2 instructors at my home drome left that can teach on a taildragger

Re sights for pistol, well I learned to shoot the Browning 9mm in the Canadian Armed Forces. However my personal plan was always to bring at least 2 personnel under my command, a 50 Cal and a full box of ammo to the pistol fight.
Nark

Stirring the pot:

Glass paneled Taildragger..

Red dot + flashlight G23
IMG_3254.jpeg
Plus an electronic tranny Swedish mom-mobile.
IMG_3255.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Twin Beech restoration:
www.barelyaviated.com
Nark

Fine…

I’ll play your game.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Twin Beech restoration:
www.barelyaviated.com
Colonel

I like the inverted flight with a 1911!
Nark

No playing in the sky today…

But who says I can’t still play?
IMG_3304.jpeg
Twin Beech restoration:
www.barelyaviated.com
Colonel

That’s a lot of cocaine.