No new causes?

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
digits

Yikes! Makes me wonder what would happen to those windows if they are sitting in the sunny destinations in hot weather all day...

Slick Goodlin

digits wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 6:59 pm
Yikes! Makes me wonder what would happen to those windows if they are sitting in the sunny destinations in hot weather all day...
Seems like they’re fine for that. Not like an Airbus hasn’t flown somewhere sunny.

In discussing this elsewhere it came up that high powered film lighting has caused King Air windows to fail too.
Nark

digits wrote:
I don’t think it would be an issue.
The fly-by-night operation I fly for is based in S Florida and our jets generally stick to the sunny locals all around the southern US, Latin America and S America. In other words, lots and lots of sun.
I don’t think we’ve ever had a window issue. (We only have Francois’s Fornicating flying machine as well)

The only movie set I’ve seen can be setup in a motel room, but I know those lights get very hot.

In the same, but totally different note, I was seconds away from a 100+ knot abort on takeoff. At the time we had a cross check of the ISIS and PFD airspeed at 100knots. The book, at the time, said no greater than 20 knots. Well, it was exactly at a delta of 20 knots.
I decide the reject would be more harmful than beneficial and just went full send to Detroit.

In the climb out through the flight levels, the delta became 60+.
Mx was waiting for us with a step ladder and a flashlight.
IMG_7324.jpeg
IMG_7323.jpeg

(The ISIS is the smaller attitude in the center)
((Also, look at the bottom screen and the pressure dif and climb rate around 10k feet))
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Twin Beech restoration:
www.barelyaviated.com
Slick Goodlin

Not a cause of an accident, per se, but I bet nobody had “1/3 scale B-29 hits golf cart” on their bingo card

https://www.kokomotribune.com/news/loca ... 69b78.html
Nark

How cool would it be to be flown to the hospital by a 1/3 scale B-29?

DARPA has gone full retard in trying to phase me off the battlefield, by using drones as casevac choppers.

I’m okay with that.

I was once invited to hangout in a drone box to watch a mission. It’s super comfy sitting in those seats and AC. I can see why the more senior Maj and Capt’s elect to swap over to the drones in the reserves.
A deployment to Creech AFB sounds nicer than BF, Desert.
Twin Beech restoration:
www.barelyaviated.com
TundraTire

Colonel wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 10:44 am
MEL is an attempt to codify and control the flying of broken airplanes. Deferred maintenance, parts on back order.

But sometimes that dream doesn’t work out too well. Recently at Atlanta a newbie in the right seat tried to land a Boeing with the antiskid MEL’d. She locked up the brakes, I think got it on fire. After a delay with the airplane on fire, they finally popped the slides and dumped the pax on the tarmac.
I saw some reference to this incident and I wonder if it actually was the anti-skid that was on MEL. That's a very restrictive item, particularly for takeoff performance numbers on the Boeing.
TundraTire

digits wrote:
Sunny days will cause wing body overheat cautions, and the window heat lights to extinguish, I've seen that.