I should probably buy this C-182

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
David MacRay

I would kind of like a Husky but they are a bit more monies. Of course once a guy started doing annuals and feeding this thing fuel, maybe it would even out.

More room for my dog and his girlfriend though.

https://www.controller.com/listing/for- ... e-aircraft

Slick Goodlin

If you buy it I’ll make time to fly it out to you.
Nark

I had a 1967 182K.

It was a lot of fun. Very capable, simple to operate.

I highly recommend the 182. 1100ish lbs of useful. Gets placed at a reasonable speed.

Wide cabin. Forgiving landings.
IMG_3820.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Twin Beech restoration:
www.barelyaviated.com
David MacRay

It 99+% not going to happen. I’m just considering it to spite my wife for fun.
Slick Goodlin wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2023 9:48 pm
You spelled “with” wrong.
Slick Goodlin

David MacRay wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2023 12:54 am
Slick Goodlin wrote:
It’s your plane, put whoever you want in it! When are we going?
Big Pistons Forever

A 54 year old airplane with a run out engine and prop for 130 K US. I have to say I have a hard time getting my head around asking prices for airplanes this year….
TundraTire

Looks expensive.
Nark

Big Pistons Forever wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2023 3:35 am
A 54 year old airplane with a run out engine and prop for 130 K US. I have to say I have a hard time getting my head around asking prices for airplanes this year….
Not to poop on you guys, but there hasn’t been a decently priced plane for sale in Canada since they cancelled the Arrow.
Twin Beech restoration:
www.barelyaviated.com
Colonel

I don't really understand the price for nosewheel SEL regardless of location. Prices are nuts.
It's possible people are asking crazy prices but not getting them, but if they are ... from basic
principles if there has been no significant change in supply, the demand must have radically
increased. The price increases of used nosewheel SEL seems to have vastly outstripped
even inflation, which oddly people love and keep voting for.

PS If you really wanna buy a 182, look at the firewall for wrinkles and popped rivets from
people not trimming back on final, and dropping the nosewheel on hard. Also look at those
fucking bladders. Not fun to change, and because of what they're made out of they're going
to age out, even if there is no regulatory calendar replacement on them.

When you're looking at an antique airplane, you need the metal to be happy - not corroding
or cracking (eg Cessna carrythrough on 177/210) and you need to replace the soft stuff on
a calendar basis. Any kind of hose/belt/seal/gasket/whatever made of soft material is
going to be garbage after a couple decades. Less if it sees frequent heat cycles.

I always thought a 182 was like the fat chick next door. Ok, but someone who's name I'm not
allowed to mention in the People's Republic of Canada™ said that the crazy ones were a lot
better in bed. My personal beef is that Cessna stuck the (original) 182's with a fucking
carburetor (O-470) and told you to fly it in cloud. Really? Without even a carb temp gauge
or even an idiot light to warn you about carb icing? Are these the same people from Ford
who worked out the numbers on the Pinto and determined it was cheaper not to fix the
gas tank problem in an accident, and let their customers be burned alive?

I always thought the IO-470 upgrade for the 182 is what Cessna should have installed in
the first place, but I'm not a Good Canadian™ so disregard.

Carry on with the regularly scheduled purchases of paint jobs.
As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.
David MacRay

A few members here have mentioned that website features expensive planes. I like looking at it though. It’s easy to browse advertisements for particular planes with lots of pictures.

I can’t remember seeing very many flying 182s offered for under $200,000 in Canada for quite some time, certainly over a decade.

Here’s the only Husky on there for sale in Canada currently,

https://www.controller.com/listings/sea ... Country=32

Over budget unfortunately, and for some reason there are televisions in it.
Slick Goodlin wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2023 2:51 am
David MacRay wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2023 12:54 am
Slick Goodlin wrote:
It’s your plane, put whoever you want in it! When are we going?
Darn it, they’re probably right. So… After collecting the cheque from some lottery commission?

At that point I might go to Idaho and buy something off Bob Hanna first. You’re in for some sort of adventures though.

If I really had too many extra millions, building a nice shop and some hangars, with some sort of airdrome seems like a nice concept.

I feel like a long paved runway and a 2000’ grass circle with a campground could be fun. Maybe two runways in a V with the grass circle between them kind of in the centre.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.