Low Level Aerobatics

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
JW Scud

Slick Goodlin

Wow, someone knows their machine exceptionally well or hardly at all. I only have an hour of gyro time* so I’m not super qualified to judge, though I do know there are some limits on them that are unrecoverable once crossed.

*I wanted to get the license for a laugh and even read the FAA manual on them but in the end it was just going to be too costly.
Nark

Chuck always said he enjoyed gyro copters.

I’d like to give them a whirl.
200.gif
My last deployment, the Kurdish police did entry level helicopter training in some sort of gyro. The pattern would be filled with us, Canadian Huey’s (who couldn’t climb over 6’) Chinooks, and other rotary wing devices.

Open cockpit at 40* (Canadian temp) was super attractive.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Twin Beech restoration:
www.barelyaviated.com
Slick Goodlin

Nark wrote:
Sun May 07, 2023 3:59 pm
Chuck always said he enjoyed gyro copters.

I’d like to give them a whirl.
They’re pretty fun. I flew a Magni* of some sort, seemed to behave itself in the air a lot like a Super Cub except it had this thing going whoosh-whoosh over your head and I couldn’t shake the feeling that I was just sort of dangling below it.

*whichever one Rick Mercer flew in is the one I did. Same instructor too.