Air Show Crash in Dallas

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
Colonel

Yup. You can do very dangerous stuff which is unimpressive. You can do easy and safe stuff which is quite entertaining.

My kid talked me into doing a crossover hammerhead which was actually an optical illusion which was really only perfect when viewed from show center. At the pivot he was above and behind me. But from the ground it looked like we were going to hit.

This is what it looked like from the side:

Because it's so easy for them, all the four bars should feel free to get ICAS cards with "formation" on them, and explain this further.

Bonus points for you, if TC tells the ICAS ACE's in Canada not to evaluate you, and you have to fly one up every year from the USA.
That was always inexpensive, like getting my medical in Quebec and renewing my instrument and instructor ratings in PNR.

As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.
Colonel

Not sure anyone has pointed out the obvious but …

At Reno, they’ve been going around in circles in a pack of warbirds at low altitude for decades, and one rule literally written in blood is that all passing is on the outside.

Why is that? Could that apply here?
Nark

NTSB prelim:

https://data.ntsb.gov/carol-repgen/api/ ... 106276/pdf

The link is being stupid right now.

The nuts and bolts of it… nothing extraordinary pointing us as to why they collided.
Twin Beech restoration:
www.barelyaviated.com
anofly

well one, or both, were not on the assigned 500 or 1000 foot lines is a start. Does anyone have any info on that?
BCPilotguy

"Multiple foreign news outlets shared a video earlier this week that appears to show a foreign object striking the Bell P-63 Kingcobra just moments before it dove into the midsection of a Boeing B-17 at the Wings over Dallas Air Show"

https://www.planeandpilotmag.com/news/t ... h-of-p-63/

It would be a very interesting development if they found drone bits in the wreckage
Slick Goodlin

I don’t really buy into the drone/bird strike theory, there’s a picture of the P-63 taken nearly head-on less than a wingspan away from the collision and there doesn’t appear to be any damage.
Colonel

While we're on this subject ... what's with all the UFO crap?

Is that the next thing that we're supposed to be scared of? Are we supposed to stay in our houses? Will there be UFO lockdowns?

Am I supposed to take these stupid totalitarian narratives seriously?
Scudrunner
Site Admin

FAA audio reveals moments between air boss, pilots before fatal Wings Over Dallas crash

Fighters instructed to be at 500, the bombers 1000

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/loca ... e271123437
5 out of 2 Pilots are Dyslexic.