Twin Beech restoration progress.

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
TwinOtterFan

Sounds chaotic....... I like it!

So you went from the Marines to the CAF?

I like the Blackhawk got a quick ride in one once with the Pj's, the hoist on that thing is insane! Only took a couple seconds from when it ripped me off the ground until I was hanging from its belly, what a great bird.

TwinOtterFan

Haha, thanks Dave.... That does make a whole lot more sense. I was wondering about the WI instead of WC lol.
Nark

No worries, the joke is everyone is a Colonel in the Commemorative Air Force. The real joke is that some geezers actually think they’re a Colonel.

I have a few more years to go in the military until I retire, but I’m a Chief Warrant Officer, and we’re a little different. We’re commissioned officers, but the British based system doesn’t commission warrants, so it get confusing playing with NATO countries. I’m equivalent to a Major I suppose.
Twin Beech restoration:
www.barelyaviated.com
TwinOtterFan

I get it know, we had a WO flying the bird I was in, we used to joke you could always tell when the WO was on the stick in the hover cause it actually stayed centered. Vs when the Capt. Was on the controls.

Used to call the officer entries, "street to seat" because they didn't earn their way up to flying if I remember correctly.
Nark

Tried to write something but this link is better.

https://m.goarmy.com/careers-and-jobs/c ... lsrc=aw.ds
Twin Beech restoration:
www.barelyaviated.com
TwinOtterFan

It's all good, I was just confused when you had CAF cause I was thinking Canadian Armed Forces haha,

I have served with the Americans, Marines, French army, Dutch army, British army, and the Gurkhas, and like I said on the blackhawk I was on was piloted by a WO and a Captain. We were instructed on the American rank structure before we went out with them and told to respect the WO's in the aircraft like an officer. In our army the WO is a respected higher rank, but it is not an officer despite the name, and one would potentially slap you if you called them sir or ma'am.

I'll stop high jacking the thread now.
Colonel

confused when you had CAF
I suspect the Commemorative Air Force has more personnel and more aircraft
than the Canadian Air Force :)
Today the CAF has approximately 13,000 members and a fleet of more than 175 aircraft representing more than 60 different types—including planes from several foreign countries and other military conflicts since World War II.
Many decades ago, a retired navigator told me that the Canadian Air Force had
more engineers than engines.

PS The whole "Kentucky Colonel" thing is a well-known joke down here. I learned
a while back that it gravely offended many Canadians, so I of course I had to double
down on it, because once someone makes the mistake of telling you what annoys
them, well ....

Reminds me. Four bars used to tell me how much it annoyed them, when I posted
really marvellous pictures of me maneuvering fun aircraft at low altitude. I will let
you ponder that, but of course, I have spent years since then posting pictures of
myself maneuvering fabulous aircraft at low altitude, because I know it pisses off
the four bars, who never, ever post any pictures.

I know I'm a bad person, but I really love pictures. Good pictures. Videos are even
better, because they're just a lot of pictures in a row, with sound as a cherry on top.

Like this. Hopefully it will really annoy some four bars:

3000 foot landing, 125 knot Vref with an old stick and rudder biplane guy at the
controls - who doesn't even fly for a living. Gee, that was hard, wasn't it?
As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.
David MacRay

Huh, I don’t understand. I could watch that video often.

I guess I’m just weird, I like airplanes and sandwiches.
TwinOtterFan

Couldn't get any closer...
20211018_121047.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.