10 Amazing Pilots you've probably never heard of

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
ScudRunner-d95

From Flying Magazine

[url=http://www.flyingmag.com/photo-gallery/ ... SOC&dom=fb]http://www.flyingmag.com/photo-gallery/ ... SOC&dom=fb[/url]

Here is one of them.

[quote]Max Conrad
He Kept Going and Going and...

A friend of one of the most famous pilots of all, Charles Lindberg, Max Conrad's achievements as a pilot are equally as impressive. Born in 1903, Conrad accumulated more than [b]50,000 hours of flight time before his death in 1979, despite suffering brain damage after being hit by a propeller as a young man.[/b] He ran several successful flight schools, but after a fire destroyed a hangar with more than 30 of his airplanes inside it, he called it quits. Conrad set several distance and endurance records working as a ferry pilot of light airplanes. Some of those records still stand today, such as a nonstop flight from Casablanca, Morocco, to Los Angeles that took 58 hours 38 minutes. In 1961, Conrad flew around the world in a Piper Aztec — the first civilian airplane to land on the South Pole.
[/quote]

Jebus 50K hours in the air! That is 5 Years and 7 Months aloft. Not sure if they are insinuating you need brain damage to fly that much...... Only 44K and a prop to the head more to go for me.

Air Mail

The article is clearly flawed as my name wasn't mentioned  ;D  Also I think we all suffer from some sort of brain damage to be in this industry  :P
ScudRunner-d95

now that we control a website we could just publish our own list and publish it as fact. All this power may go to my head so I might have to bump you to the 2nd best pielot