Date: 23 August 17, 20:16 PM
Do you already have an account?

Forgot your password?

Learning about flying is ongoing forever.

David MacRay

PPL
Posts 1018
Report to moderator

There is a lot to learn and you can learn from reading, flying and discussing flying for longer than a human can live.

That is actually part of why I like flying now that I went beyond the initial Private Pilot's License stage. It is definitely one of my favorite parts of these forums.

It is like I told my 8 year old son, "You are never done cleaning your room. It is just how life is. You have to do laundry and housework forever. It is just a part of life."

Like flying means you get to learn as long as you do it. You can probably learn forever in many of the various things that go into flying, Navigation, Aerodynamics and Meteorology for sure.

You could hire a maid to do your housework ( sometimes getting married does the trick but usually it's more expensive.) You could hire a pilot to fly you around. If you stop learning, it might be a good idea,

Linkback: http://scudrunners.com/Forum/flight-training/13/learning-about-flying-is-ongoing-forever/406/

dirtdr

Posts 32
Report to moderator

I find that the more I learn about aviation, the more it spills into other aspects of my life.
I look at everything else in my life a little differently now. I assess risk differently, look at weather differently, prioritize stuff differently.

The biggest thing aviation has taught me is patience.

Fendermandan

CPL
Posts 93
Report to moderator

That is true, allways learning something from every flight.
On the topic of house cleaning and other house maintenance realy, in the next life i am renting a condo.  O0

Share via facebook Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via twitter

xx
Craig's Corner: Our Ongoing Success

Started by YVR

0 Replies
Last post January 22, 2016, 06:26:58 PM
by YVR
xx
Learning to Land

Started by Colonel Sanders

3 Replies
Last post August 11, 2015, 10:14:39 AM
by SSU
xx
Learning the Hard way

Started by ScudRunner

3 Replies
Last post November 23, 2015, 08:53:42 AM
by dirk
xx
Learning to fly in Canada

Started by SSU

1 Replies
Last post June 25, 2015, 11:01:57 PM
by Chuck Ellsworth
exclamation
Aviation Job Ads (Free) • FlightSafety Toronto Learning Centre - Full time Beech 1900 Ground/Simulator Instructor position

Started by Jobs

0 Replies
Last post February 25, 2017, 06:00:22 AM
by Jobs